Monday, September 21, 2009

How's Chix?

They're all doing well. You can see however they aren't really chicks any more. They have actually grown quite large. And the different colors are quite beautiful. Not as large as some of the the Cornish X Chickenzillas I wound up with by mistake, but that is another story....

Still no eggs, and I don't expect eggs for another couple of months. I have heard from some of you about interest in CSA shares. As soon as they start producing, I'll get that going. If you do have interest, send me a note.

Interesting little note, if you crow like rooster, they all simultaneously shake their heads and ruffle their neck feathers. It is actually quite entertaining to watch all forty of them shake their head at the exact same time like that. Of course, you have to learn to crow like a rooster if you want to indulge! I wonder which the oak trees find more amusing, the chickens or the farmer? :)

No comments: